Become a Connector
Connectors are members who have been contributing to OuiShare and wish to get more involved in the organization. Following the principle of do-ocracy, Connectors are appointed based on actions. The enrollment process follows the 333 Rule:
Connectors to-be go through a 3-month take-off period after declaring their intent to become a Connector, during which they voluntarily contribute to specific activities (development of physical communities, online communities, or topical projects; writing/research, etc.).
Future Connectors must demonstrate that they meet the following 3 acceptance criteria during their take-off period:
- taken leadership/shown results on the activities they committed to
- clear objectives for their involvement as a Connector over the next 6 months, expressed in a letter of intent (usually a shared online document)
- cultural fit with the team (which means there is no strong objection/veto from any other Connector to the persons' appointment)
Future Connectors are endorsed by any 3 other Connectors who will work with them during the take-off period, based on the 3 criteria listed above. Connectors who support a new Connector are responsible for helping this person integrate into the team and the OuiShare organizational processes.
Though exceptions can be made, it is strongly advised that Future Connectors attend at least one OuiShare Summit before starting, or during their take-off period.
Here are the different phases of a Connector journey:
Future Connectors look for their 3 supporting Connectors, and express their intent to start their 3-month take-off period by choosing activities they want to be involved with. These intentions are shared by sponsoring Connectors in Slack channels.
To guide you through this process and make sure you are onboarded onto all necessary channels, you must select one of your supporting Connectors to be your official "onboarder". And make sure they know you have chosen them and that they know about the onboarding guide.
Sponsoring Connectors grant access to communication and operational platforms, and introduce Future Connectors.
At the end of the take-off period, the 3 Connectors endorsing the Future Connector make an announcement in the Loomio thread and Slack channel (in a video previously made by the Future Connector), stating that the criteria were met. The video's ideal duration is one minute, and should contain what the Future Connector worked on and wants to work on next.
If there is no veto, the new Connector is added to the decision-making platforms for Connectors.
The Connector status remains active as long as the person remains active.
The Connector status can be ended if/when:
- The Connector deliberately choses to put a hold on his/her commitment (and does not wish to commit to any activities for the next 6 months);
- The Connector did not deliver on his or her statement of intent without any clear and reasonable explanation;
- The Connector has not attended 2 OuiShare Summits in a row (without good reason),ornot contributed to any online conversations in over 3 months. Of course it will be taken into account that Connectors from outside of Europe may not be able to attend Summits regularly.
The decision announcement will be made by the Connector himself/herself.
Like for members, OuiShare reserves the right to revoke a Connector status if a person acts against the best interests of the organization, mission and values, is disrespectful towards other members.
Unless a Connector's status is revoked for one of the above reasons, all Connectors become Alumni Connectors when they stop their activity. They are mentioned as such on a dedicated part of the website, and hold the rights of members from at point on.
Since people's professional or personal circumstances are subject to frequent change, we recognize the importance of accommodating dynamic, "liquid" involvement. Therefore Alumni Connectors reserve the right to restart their activity as a Connector at any time, by simply getting active again.