Cobudget - Collaborative Funding
How Ouishare is using Cobudget.
Any active OuiShare member can get access, propose and comment on project ideas, and fund activities they would like to support.
Cobudget is a simple tool based on the concepts of "buckets", which represent budget lines or mini-projects. The tools makes it easy for groups to crowdsource ideas for buckets and then fund them together.
We are using our main Cobudget group to fund any projects that contribute to Ouishare’s misison as a non-profit and growing our commons, such as:
- Community activities, shared resources and infrastructure
- Content production and events that are publicly available
- Early stage projects & prototypes to develop our work and the organization
Buckets that are not aligned with Ouishare's mission and values and do not advance its purpose as a non-profit.
Any one who would like can join our Cobudget group. Get access to the OuiShare Cobudget by asking a Connector or member you are in touch with.
If you are already a Connector, you should already have been added to our cobudget group.
Funds enter Cobudget through donation of personal funds. In many cases, people choose to give back a % of income made through a Ouishare project.
You can add funds to your account by making a donation to the Ouishare Non-Profit in Spain (our fiscal host for or global cobudget group) through Open Collective, a platform that helps you collect funds in a transparent way. You can make one-time or recurring donations through Open Collective, by choosing a membership type or selecting a custom donation. Once you make the payment through the platform, you will automatically receive a pdf receipt from Open Collective. To be able to provide more flexibility to the community in what is funded through Cobudget, these contributions are no longer tax deductible.
Then the funds you contributed will automatically go back to your account. You can then allocate them to another bucket of your choice, any time you like.
Once your bucket has been funded, you will receive a follow up email, prompting you to send your invoice to the Ouishare France administrator. You will then receive the funds via bank transfer.
Here is an overview of the steps:
- 1.Send your invoice To get paid, please send an invoice promptly to the following address: Ouishare Association 7 Rue Castellane 75008 Paris Please be aware that all funds raised on Cobudget are VAT inclusive. If you need to charge VAT, then you must deduct it from the amount you raised on Cobudget.
- 2.Feedback & Report back: Once you have received the funds and the project is complete, we will ask you to send us feedback and an assessment of your projects impact, to be able to share it back with the community.